Home News I was horrified when my tot spotted ‘drug addict’s needle’ in our...

I was horrified when my tot spotted ‘drug addict’s needle’ in our hotel room

[ad_1]

A FAMILY were horrified when their toddler came across a “drug addict’s” needle in their hotel room while on holiday.

When they asked staff about the grim find, they were kicked out and accused of planting, they claim.

A family in Yorkshire were horrified after their son found an open needle

4

A family in Yorkshire were horrified after their son found an open needleCredit: Kennedy News
The needle that they allegedly found in the Blackpool hotel room

4

The needle that they allegedly found in the Blackpool hotel roomCredit: Kennedy News

Shane Wilkinson and his wife and two children checked into The Avari Hotel in Blackpool for a last minute break last Friday.

The father from Yorkshire said his three-year-old went into the bathroom and came out wielding a bare needle, with parents worried he could have spiked himself.

After taking it down to the front desk, he claims he was refunded £35 and then “kicked out” along with his wife and young children.

He said manager believed the couple planted the needle to “set the hotel up”, claiming that they checked the bathroom himself prior to the family arriving.

He explained: “I was very angry that I’d come away with my family and was getting accusations like that and that he was implying it was mine.

“I told them it wasn’t mine – I’ve got a family, why would I want to put that around my kids.

“My son is too young to understand what it is and my daughter is disabled so she doesn’t understand do’s and don’ts.

“So we’re just thankful it wasn’t her that found it because she probably would’ve caught herself with it.”

The Avari Hotel manager said: “I cleaned the room myself and there was no needle located in the bathroom or the bedroom.

“I checked right at the back where the toilet and sink is and there was nothing there. It definitely wouldn’t have been missed.

“They could’ve brought it in themselves to try and set the hotel up and that’s what I reckon has gone on.

“I did not tell him to leave the building. I phoned up the owner about the situation and he said for me to give him a refund so I automatically gave him a refund.

“We don’t have recovering addicts staying here, it’s a family-orientated hotel.”

Booking.com has since reimbursed the couple and removed the hotel from their site while they investigate the incident.

A spokesperson for Booking.com said: “We were disappointed to hear of this customer’s experience with a property booked on our platform.

“While we investigate further – this property is now closed and will not be able to take further bookings via our website.

“We have apologised to the guests for their experience and provided a full refund, as well as covering the additional transport and room costs they incurred, and will be providing a gesture of goodwill to put towards a future trip.”

The family found the needle behind the toilet in their room

4

The family found the needle behind the toilet in their roomCredit: Kennedy News/Booking.com
Their son, Grayson, three, found the needle

4

Their son, Grayson, three, found the needleCredit: Kennedy News



[ad_2]

Previous articleCity of York moves to cut ties with Prince Andrew over sex assault case
Next articleStorm Eunice leaves four dead & thousands without power amid 122mph winds

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here